Scott for Heather, Stanley, Holly, Stuart, and Samuel
Thank you for all the prayers this past month. God has been good and faithful to us as we settle down here in Oregon. The past five weeks have been super packed, but we have had a lot of good times with family and friends. As I (Scott) started work at Barlow, it has been encouraging with the many positive interactions and seeing the many layers of relationships already there. I am working with former teachers and coaches from twenty years ago and former colleagues and students from ten years ago. We are thankful for the many ways God has provided for us, and are excited to see how He will provide as we continue through the year. Here are just a few of the praises.
Click here to read more.
Thank you so much for your prayers this past week. We made it safely to Oregon and everything went smoothly. Here is just a sampling of all the praises this past week:
- We were able to get most of our boxes into the moving truck.
- We were able to get “everything” into the storage unit in Mainz.
- We were able to get the apartment cleaned out and gave the keys to the owner.
- We were able to get all bags packed for our flight to Oregon.
- We made our connections.
- No one got sick, and all COVID tests were negative.
- We made it safely to Oregon with good attitudes.
- All of our bags (eventually) made it to Oregon.
- God blessed us with a beautiful place to be for this first month.
- We have possible options for housing for most of the year (nothing for sure yet).
- We might have a source for many of our major furniture needs for the year.
- Our monthly donation pledges will cover the required donations for Heather’s German contract. Thank you if you were one of those people. Please be sure to make sure the payments are set up to go through at the pledged time. This is approximately 10% of our support needed for us to return to Germany.
I want to keep this short today. It is 1:20 am and tomorrow (today) we begin the moving process. First of all, praise God for all of the answered prayers, amazing friends, and smooth transition thus far. It has not been easy, but God has sustained us and brought together so many pieces. We had the most amazing send-off (Abschied) from our church family and friends here in Weimar. I cannot possibly mention every amazing farewell, blessing, and well wish. God has also helped us nearly achieve our goal for initial monthly donations. Thank you to everyone who has already said, “Yes we believe in what God is doing through you, and at Black Forest Academy, and we want to be part of your monthly financial support team.” So as you pray for us here are some specific prayer requests and our timeline.
We cannot believe that the clock is ticking and we only have three weeks until we leave Weimar. As we draw near the end of this chapter, we have a few urgent prayer requests that we wanted to share with you.
1. With VDM (our German mission agency), Heather has received a contract for our time in the US. However, this contract is dependent on us raising 1000 EUR in recurring monthly donations in Germany before we leave for the US. Please pray that God will provide the monthly donations to achieve that goal.
2. Housing in Oregon. Again, we have something available until October, but would be able to move into something “long term” as early as September. Please pray that God will open up that right location at just the right time.
3. Pray that we will say Farewell well. One of our children is really struggling with this transition of leaving the country they love and we are in the process of saying goodbye to “our people” of the last 10 years.
4. Pray for travel, good health, and logistics specifically July 26-29. There will be so many pieces of the puzzle that will be happening that week that apart from divine intervention, something could easily go wrong.
Thank you so much for praying for us. We will miss those of you in Europe and look forward to seeing those of you in Oregon.
Scott for Heather, Stanley, Holly, Stuart, Samuel
Hello Prayer Team,
After months of prayer, application, more prayer, interviews, even more prayer, and waiting, we are thrilled to announce that we have received full approval from Black Forest Academy, Be One Together (B1-2G), and Vereinigte Deutsches Missionshilfe (VDM) and we can now officially begin our support raising process to join BFA fall 2022. We just returned from a training week with VDM near Bremen, and it was a wonderful week of fellowship, good food, and lots of information. While we were there, Stanley stayed with friends, Stuart and Samuel were with a nanny (a former student we hired to babysit them for the week), and Holly was with a friend for half the week and with Stuart and Samuel the second half. This was the first time in 13 years that we have had time together without the kids for more than 12 hours.
When Jesus called Peter out of the boat, Peter had to keep his eyes on Jesus, but when he took his eyes off Jesus and looked at the wind and waves instead, he started to sink. Right now as we continue to move forward in our faith walk, we have to daily remind ourselves of God’s calling and refocus our eyes on Jesus. During these past two months, God has been faithful and has graciously given us small affirmations when the waves got too big and all we could see were the unknowns. We are so thankful that God has led and provided so far, and are excited to see how He will move next.
Hello Prayer Team,
Er ist auferstanden! (He has risen) As we celebrate Easter this year we are reminded of the hope we have in Jesus because of His sacrifice for us on the cross. As our family steps into the uncertain, we know that our feet are firmly anchored on the rock that will not move. For us, March has flown by with its fill of prayer, applications, emails, and conversations. Here is an update on our family’s transition journey.
- I (Scott) have officially put in my notice that I will be done at Thuringia International School as of the end of this school year.
- Our passports arrived in record time, two weeks when we were told 4-6 weeks.
- We have passed round 1 (of 3) of the BFA application process.
- We are planning to stay with Be One Together on the American side of support raising
- Someone has offered the use of their Suburban while we are in Oregon.
Hello Prayer Team,
We are excited to announce a new direction that we feel God is leading us. After 10 years in Weimar, we are stepping out in faith to pursue work at the Black Forest Academy in Kandern, Germany. This has been a dream of mine (Scott) since 2002 when I served at an English camp at the Black Forest Academy (BFA) with a Good Shepherd short-term team. That summer inspired me to go into teaching with the pursuit of returning to BFA someday. That fall, I even changed my foreign language requirement from first-year Greek to German. Here are some ways that we feel God has uniquely prepared us for this work.
We are exhausted but we made it home. We are so thankful for how great the day was. It was because you were praying, and God paved the way. Here are some of the answered prayers.
Hello Family and Friends,
February is behind us and spring is just around the corner. Just like in many places in the USA, we had a pretty substantial snowfall this February with temperatures dipping below 0 Fahrenheit. But that is in the past, the sun is shining, and on March 1 many of our students are heading back to school for the first time since December 15. We want to keep this letter brief today, but we have a couple of big things that we are asking for prayer for this upcoming week.