Thank you so much for your prayers this past week. We made it safely to Oregon and everything went smoothly. Here is just a sampling of all the praises this past week:
- We were able to get most of our boxes into the moving truck.
- We were able to get “everything” into the storage unit in Mainz.
- We were able to get the apartment cleaned out and gave the keys to the owner.
- We were able to get all bags packed for our flight to Oregon.
- We made our connections.
- No one got sick, and all COVID tests were negative.
- We made it safely to Oregon with good attitudes.
- All of our bags (eventually) made it to Oregon.
- God blessed us with a beautiful place to be for this first month.
- We have possible options for housing for most of the year (nothing for sure yet).
- We might have a source for many of our major furniture needs for the year.
- Our monthly donation pledges will cover the required donations for Heather’s German contract. Thank you if you were one of those people. Please be sure to make sure the payments are set up to go through at the pledged time. This is approximately 10% of our support needed for us to return to Germany.
If you read between the lines in some of those praise points, you might be able to tell that not everything went perfectly, but by God’s grace we were able to handle those challenges well and everything worked out in the end.
I want to say thank you to all of the people who God used to make this possible by physically helping. For privacy purposes, I will not list them by name but you know who you are.
- Everyone who helped us pack, especially those who were with us past midnight on some or multiple nights.
- Everyone who helped us with the selling or receiving of items, especially with our flohmarkt / garage sale.
- Everyone who helped with the cleaning of the apartment, especially those who were with us past midnight on Monday night.
- Everyone who helped by watching our children
- Everyone who helped with the loading of the moving truck (LKW)
- Those who helped by receiving the items that were not able to make it in the moving truck due to weight issues.
- Those who helped with the transportation of our belongings to Mainz and the unloading of the moving truck.
- Those who helped us in Idstein, Frankfurt, and all the stages of our flights and connections
Thank you again for your prayers, we recognize that for this past week to have gone as smoothly as it did that it was God’s grace every step of the way.
Here are some prayer requests for the upcoming weeks.
- Negative COVID tests and good health
- Finalizing the business side of moving (drivers licenses, contracts, paperwork, etc)
- Finding the right place to live for this year
- For God to provide all of our needed monthly support so we can return to Germany in July 2022. We still need to raise approximately 90% of our support.
- Rest and rejuvenation
Thank you again for praying. We are excited to see how God will go before us and provide.
From Boring, Oregon,
Scott for Heather, Stanley, Holly, Stuart, and Samuel