Hello Prayer Team,
Er ist auferstanden! (He has risen) As we celebrate Easter this year we are reminded of the hope we have in Jesus because of His sacrifice for us on the cross. As our family steps into the uncertain, we know that our feet are firmly anchored on the rock that will not move. For us, March has flown by with its fill of prayer, applications, emails, and conversations. Here is an update on our family’s transition journey.
- I (Scott) have officially put in my notice that I will be done at Thuringia International School as of the end of this school year.
- Our passports arrived in record time, two weeks when we were told 4-6 weeks.
- We have passed round 1 (of 3) of the BFA application process.
- We are planning to stay with Be One Together on the American side of support raising
- Someone has offered the use of their Suburban while we are in Oregon.
There are also so many unknowns that we are waiting for God to firm up in this process.
- We need a German sending organization for our European supporters. We are pursuing an organization called VDM (Vereinigte Deutsche Missionshilfe – United German Missionary Aid).
- Where I will work while we are in Oregon but I have an application already out.
- Rounds 2 and 3 of the BFA application process. (Formal interview and child enrollment acceptance)
- Where we will store our belongings in Germany while we are in Oregon.
- Where we will live at a low cost while in Oregon (if you or someone you know has a furnished guest house or is an empty nester who misses the sounds of children in the home please let us know)
- General support raising, which won’t officially begin until we get accepted by BFA.
- A second car (small commuter) while we are in Oregon.
- Schooling options for our kids in Oregon
- Our “short-term” foster baby is still with us after over 5 months, and he will likely be with us until June.
Here is how you can be praying for us right now.
- Please pray for these unknowns and that God will provide what we need.
- Please pray for conversations as we share our story and where God is taking us.
- Please pray for peace and hope in this transition. As our world is hurting right now, people are ready to hear about the hope we have in Jesus.
- Please pray for wisdom as we are currently ministering to many people who are deep in the darkness of depression, and that we will remain strong in the Lord.
Thank you so much for your prayer support these past 10 years, if you are interested in joining our giving team please click here.
If you would like to see photos from the past months please click here.
Following God’s leading,
Scott for Heather, Stanley, Holly, Stuart, and Samuel.