We are blessed to be going with pastor Chhiring Sherpa to Everest Basecamp. We will Lord willing, have the opportunity to build relationships with the people of that rejoin and pray. Our hope is to be able to return in the off season and spend more time with the people in the Khumbu rejoin. Please pray for us to have a safe and successful trip. The altitude at Basecamp is 17,598 feet. This is the highest we have been before, so praying we do well. Grateful to pastor Chhiring for inviting us to join him on this trip.
(pictures of Everest by Chhiring Sherpa. Picture of the three of us last year in Solukhumbu).
It is a joy and honor to spend time investing with these at-risk children. The work that pastor Narbu and the house mother are doing is amazing! We spend 2-3 days week with the girls. Now they are helping us learn Nepali.
Some Prayer Requests
Please pray for the following:
- Dengue Fever outbreak in the Kathmandu Valley. Many people are sick. Please pray for protection and healing. Mosquito repellent is not as readily available here as in the US.
- The upcoming youth group trip from Lalitpur to Rolpa October 1-6. Youth from the Kathmandu Valley will be traveling to the House of Hope Church in Rolpa for a time of ministry. Please pray for their provision, protection, and success.
- For the seekers that come to our churches in need of salvation, healing, and freedom.
- Wisdom for church leadership.
- For believers to be strong and loving during the upcoming Dashain Festival. A two-week festival honoring a Hindu goddess.
- For our landlord who is ill.
For Peggy and Eric:
- Victory, strength, and protection in spiritual warfare
- Ministry and traveling plans for the upcoming month include Everest Basecamp trip 9/26-10/8, Home fellowship, preaching, girls’ hostel throughout the month, and Tiny Hands Youth Camp in Pokhara 10/22-10/26.
- For long term visas
- Financial support
House of Hope Church
We were welcomed back into our family at the House of Hope Church, Lalitpur. It was a family reunion of sorts. We are blessed to be back in the fold, and I’m honored to be joined into their pastoral team.
Thanks for your prayers. We left the United States on September 13th and arrived in Kathmandu on September 15. Our dear friends picked us up from the airport and spent the rest of the day helping us get some necessities and get settled into our flat. They did so much work to make our apartment feel like a home! We have been welcomed and feel very blessed.
We are learning Nepali and being welcomed into the community. Thanks again for your continued prayer and support.