Dear Friends & Family,
2019 has been an exciting year for our family and ministry, and the Lord has taught us many things, proving over and over again his love and faithfulness to all of us! Now, as the Advent Season is upon us, we are encouraged to prepare our hearts and homes to celebrate the birth of our Savior, Jesus. We pray that you, too, will have a very Merry…Blessed Christmas!!
In early November, I presented to our National Council EE-Brazil’s Action Plan & Budget for 2020. The name of the plan is nEExt. It is a common marketing tactic in Brazil for an English word to be used. So, we have adapted the word “next” into nEExt. Here are some highlights of our vision for next year:
- to bless the Brazilian Church and generate financial resources for the ministry, we will pursue publishing again four books by our founder, Dr. D. James Kennedy;
- the fourth module of our training will be printed and made available to churches in the first semester, AND the fifth module will be translated, edited, published and made available to churches in the second semester;
- a web-based system will be launched for churches to manage their outreach ministries, helping them keep up with those being trained and those being visited, reached with the Gospel and discipled;
- and a project called Local Teams, which will bring together the pastors of implementing churches, in order to provide motivation and encouragement.
There have been 53 training clinics/workshops thus far in 2019, equipping 2,309 Brazilians. The number of events is up seven from 2018, and the number of people trained is up 151. Plus, we have one more Share Your Faith workshop scheduled this month. These stats do not include weekly training in local churches. Thank you, Lord, for all that You have done this year through our missionary team AND our support team who make these advances possible through their prayers and finances! All glory goes to God, our provider!
As we have shared before, winter is a season of preparation. Will you join with others who invest in our family/ministry each December in preparation for the coming year’s cultivating, sowing and reaping? More than 20% of our annual support is always given at years’ end. Again, this December, we are praying for $10,000 in support gifts to finish 2019 and begin 2020, which would include $8,000 for family support, $1,000 for EE-Brazil publishing expenses and $1,000 for travel expenses. Everyone participating in some way, with the Lord multiplying the results, will provide what is needed for our family and ministry! Please go to the Online Giving image below for a secure giving portal, as well as other means of tax deductible donations.
So two good things will result from this ministry of giving—the needs of the believers in Jerusalem will be met, and they will joyfully express their thanks to God. As a result of your ministry, they will give glory to God. For your generosity to them and to all believers will prove that you are obedient to the Good News of Christ. (2 Cor. 9:12-13)
Thank YOU so much for your love, prayers and financial support!
Gratefully…joyfully wishing you a very Merry Christmas!
Robert & Mary Jo Foster
Serving Evangelism Explosion-Brazil
* Atualidadesis a Portuguese word that means news or up to date information. We want you to have the latest information in order to support us in prayer, as well as financially when the Lord leads/enables. Thank you!