Dear Friends & Family,
Now He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness; you will be enriched in everything for all liberality, which through us is producing thanksgiving to God. For the ministry of this service is not only fully supplying the needs of the saints, but is also overflowing through many thanksgivings to God. (2 Cor. 9:10-12)
2022 has been a momentous year in many ways for EE-Brazil:
• This year has been one of rebuilding under post-pandemic conditions and has been dominated by in-person training once again, for which our clinic/workshop teachers are most grateful! Only two of our 24 training events were online. Six of our 24 events, or 25%, were full training clinics. Overall, there were 425 people trained from 68 churches in these 24 events. During the clinics, 111 people heard the Gospel, of which 74 (67%) received the gift of eternal life. Praise the Lord for these new believers!
• Our new president of the EE-Brazil Board of Directors assumed a proactive role, allowing for a reorganization of responsibilities. My continuing difficulty in entering Brazil as an unvaccinated foreigner (but fully protected by HCQ & supplements, having never contracted the virus) was addressed by his leading the Council to name one of our missionaries to my position, in order that my absence in-country will cease to create certain challenges, and allowing me to focus more on mentoring/coaching, as well as finishing important, ongoing projects. This is obviously a transition, and it naturally generated a series of details needing attention. My updated role continues to be full-time, as I look for more time to focus on the projects that are awaiting. 2023 looks like the year in which these can be addressed! Pray to that end, please!
• We come to the end of 2022 encouraged by successes here and in Brazil, made possible by people like you who are “fully supplying the needs of the saints!”
• Finally, in our most recent clinic, 16 participants from four churches were equipped to return to their churches to implement weekly training. The on-the-job training visits saw the Gospel explained to 31 people of which 23 (74%) prayed to receive Christ. Praise the Lord!
2022 for us has been a good and very busy year!
• We are super-excited with what is going on at our church, First Baptist Atlanta. Our Life Group, Crossroads, is growing and provides great teaching and fellowship. Our pastor, Dr. Anthony George, is leading the church in a phenomenal direction. His sermons seem to be growing in intensity, as he confronts our culture head-on, using Scripture in such an effective way.
• A week ago, we went to a “volunteer appreciation brunch” for those working in the First Impressions & Next Steps ministry of our church. Our roles are in the Decision Room following worship services.
• We are both studying the Minor Prophets now in Bible Study Fellowship.
• Last week, we went to our county GOP Christmas Party. Mary Jo has been active with the local GOP and in serving as a poll watcher in the elections.
• This Christmas season we are looking forward to the Christmas music at our church’s “Night of Worship,” the Christmas eve worship service and all the different gatherings of our family! We know that you, too, are looking forward to similar activities and pray they are a blessing! “Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!” (2 Cor. 9:15)
During this last month of 2022, we ask you to join with the Lord and those called by him to supply “seed to the sower and bread for food,” by investing in our family and ministry in preparation for the coming year’s opportunities. With the changes mentioned above and the encouraging results in 2022, we feel prepared/motivated for ministry in 2023! Roughly 20% of our annual support is always given at years’ end, and we are, therefore, praying for $10,000 in support gifts this month to finish 2022 and begin 2023. We are convinced that everyone participating in some way, with the Lord multiplying results, will provide what is needed for our family and ministry! Remember, we receive 100% of your gift! To invest in eternity, please go to our secure online giving portal by clicking here or on the Online Giving image below. You may also mail a check to the address shown next to the image below. Thank YOU so much for your love, prayers and financial support!
Gratefully wishing you a very Blessed and Merry Christmas!
Robert & Mary Jo Foster,
Serving Evangelism Explosion-Brazil
* Atualidades a Portuguese word that means news or up to date information. We want you to have the latest information in order to support us in prayer, as well as financially when the Lord leads/enables. Thank you!