Whew! 10 years have flown by!
Fall of 2012 saw the paperwork filed for Be One Together and we knew we were stepping out in faith into roles God had prepared us for and yet not knowing all God had in mind. It was definitely a step of faith!
Surprises came along the way:
- We knew God would expand the ministry overseas and the expediency was a surprise. Our good friends, Jeff and Julie Shackelford applied to serve in Germany. Mary had been Julie’s camp cabin leader in junior-high.
- We believe all people should have equal voices at the table. It was our pleasure when Manuel and Ediverta Lopez applied. Mixtecs, born in Mexico, came to the Lord in the US, and now serve in Portland, OR. We met Manuel when he was an agricultural worker in the strawberries. Serving alongside this family thrills us.
- God expanded into countries we had not imagined!
Sad times also:
- We said goodbye to 3 missionaries when the Lord graduated them to glory. Alma called on Tuesday to say she was in the hospital and would be moving to rehabilitation and had her ministry covered. On Wednesday she entered the portals of heaven rejoicing with her ministry covered in the short term.
Today we stand grateful for what the Lord has done through Be One Together. Imagine:
- 110 missionaries have served the Lord in these 10 years both in short- and long-term ministry.
- 41% of the missionaries serving with us today were not born in the U.S. God is using the nations to reach the nations.
- There is ministry in 6 world regions and been in 16 US states.
- Portuguese is the second language spoken in the mission with ministry in Brazil and Portugal.
Along with the missionaries serving with Be One Together, we look forward to the future with excitement to see how God moves in the years to come.
With Grateful Hearts,
Mike and Mary Pinkerton