Dear Friends and Family,
Our pastor speaks of the following life principle:"No Christian has ever been called to “go it alone” in his or her walk of faith." Similarly, no missionary has been called to go it alone in their journey of faith to follow God's will for their lives. It takes fervent prayer and financial support for his will to be accomplished! We are blessed with supporters who pray and give regularly to our family and ministry, and we are forever grateful!! What we are able to do together has kingdom impact! So, please join with us in thanking our Lord for multiplying and blessing in so many ways.
Regarding the prayer requests I sent in August:
- I received very helpful support and advice from our Board of Directors regarding a few revisions to our bylaws, a change in status for one of our missionaries, a plan for succession of leadership, etc. All are items that have to do with preparing for the future in a way that will assure continued growth and multiplication.
- The children’s training started by Cleiton continues to go very well with both he and the local team, very excited about how the children are responding.
- Pr. Jailton had close to 50 in the workshop in the favela, all of who seem eager to share their faith in their dangerous neighborhood.
- He also returned from the clinic in the state of Espirito Santo, encouraged by the commitment of the pastor and 10 lay leaders who were equipped there! He believes the church will implement the 7-week ministry locally. There were 32 decisions for Christ during the on-the-job-raining visits! Most of those have already received a follow-up visit to begin their discipleship.
- John gave a good report of the training for children’s leaders held among the indigenous group. Adaptations were made to the schedule to allow more time for learning the Gospel explanation and related Bible verses, as Portuguese is not the first language of many who were in the group. Ten children made decisions during the training.
- José Maria returned from Mexico challenged and encouraged by what he learned there. He is taking up where he left off promoting and coordinating the Hope for Kids training.
- Eduardo was particularly supportive of my activities while I was there and now during the follow-up to the trip. He filled a large order of 600 Workshop kits, as well as completing our stats and financial report for August.
- Oh, and my intended focus on the new training module, Mentor to Multiply, resulted in our reviewing the translation word by word three times, each time refining it just a little more. Very soon we will be in a position to publish the material. We are now selecting pictures for the manual cover and for chapter themes.
These accomplishments and blessings from the Lord could not have become a reality without yours and others’ partnership! Readers of this newsletter pray and contribute to our support. Each of our missionaries mentioned above have their support team, too. None of us are going it alone…missionaries and their supporters are working together to accomplish God’s purposes. Pray for this teamwork to continue with purpose and vision and to multiply!!Together for a changed world,Robert & Mary Jo Foster,Serving Evangelism Explosion-Brazil* Atualidadesis a Portuguese word that means news or up to date information. We want you to have the latest information in order to support us in prayer, as well as financially when the Lord leads/enables. Thank you!