Dear Friends and Family,
Last night I traveled to São Paulo. Thank you for making that possible through your faithful support!! I was struck with the notable reduction in passengers, which makes my space-available (i.e., waiting list) travel much easier. However, this definitely signals something about the Brazilian economy: the Brazilian Real to US Dollar exchange rates have climbed to over 4 to 1. Since airfares and the US attractions that Brazilians want to visit are all dollar-based, the cost to Brazilians has risen significantly, and their plans to travel are being delayed/canceled. American Airlines has correspondingly reduced the number of daily flights out of Miami to São Paulo. I mention all of that to point out that the economy in Brazil is growing more difficult, and as a result, additional challenges are being confronted by our team members. Like in the US, elections are coming before year’s end…a presidential election here. Please pray for Brazil to elect a leader who leans away from the socialism of the Workers Party and towards a free market and smaller government.
My sooner than normal return to São Paulo has a two-fold purpose: 1) I will work with a pastor and graphic artist to double-check/revise a translation of the text of a new training module, called Mentor to Multiply. We will also finalize the artwork to be used on the cover and inside the training manual. So, please pray for this important work that will provide additional continuity to our evangelism training.
2) Day after tomorrow, Saturday, I will meet with our Board of Directors. My responsibilities include not only the development of our ministry team but also the “engagement” of the Directors in the ministry, its objectives, mission, etc. We will be talking about five important subjects relative to EE-Brazil’s future. Please pray for the discussion and any decisions to be made.
Your prayer and financial support are fundamental to what we are doing, and you become an important part of what God will do here in Brazil through EE training! Words cannot express our gratitude for your faithful support, which allows us to continue!!
Quickly, here are few of the things happening right now through our EE-Brazil team:
- Cleiton has formed a local team and begun the Hope for Kids training in a local church in Niterói, Rio de Janeiro.
- Pr. Jailton is preparing for a clinic in the state of Espirito Santo, as well as a workshop this coming Sunday for a Niterói church located in a favela (slum) controlled by drug traffickers.
- John has been in South Mato Grosso for a couple of weeks doing the Hope for Kids training among an indigenous group there.
- Eduardo just returned from giving a Share Your Faith workshop in another state this past weekend.
- José Maria has been in Mexico receiving training the entire month with a little over a week to go.
Please pray for all of us, as we each one need the Lord’s guidance and blessing upon our ministry, time management and support-raising. Mary Jo and I often reply to people’s questions about personal support that “what we need more than anything else is prayer!” We truly believe that! Several of our prayer partners are also the very ones who faithfully give of their finances, to invest in the equipping…sowing ministry of EE-Brasil. It’s what we are able to do together that will make all the difference!
Able to sow by God’s grace and your friend/partnership,
Robert & Mary Jo Foster
Serving Evangelism Explosion-Brazil
* Atualidadesis a Portuguese word that means news or up to date information. We want you to have the latest information in order to support us in prayer, as well as financially when the Lord leads/enables. Thank you!